Friday, April 1, 2016

Boxycharm March Update/Reviews


This month I received a few items from Boxycharm I really ended up liking, and one I just did not like at all(click here to see what I received in my box, or continue reading)
I have used all these products for over a couple weeks now (except for one) so I can get a clear idea of how well these products work,so let's begin.. 
(in order from my favorite to least favorite-click the title to be brought to the product page) 

I received my sample in the color "Cupcake" and "Shimma Shimma" the pigmentation in these are absolutely amazing and with the colors I received I can use  them as a highlight and a blush too(bonus!) They are so soft and the colors last great with the right primer. Makeup Geek is a new favorite of mine. Sorry MAC you have been replaced...

This brush is actually my go-to contour brush right now, it is perfect size to get the perfect contour in your cheeks and great for highlighting! The brush itself is very soft and seems pretty high quality. It is also 100% vegan, cruelty free, and paraben free.

I've never been one to use eye creams, just because I'm lazy(hehe), but when I saw this retailed at $87.00, I had to see if it was any good. Says it has vitamin E, A, and K. Well, it's definitely not worth paying $87.00 for, but I personally find it very soothing. I apply it under my eyes at night and I have noticed I look more awake with less dark circles in the morning. I don't think I would re-buy this, but I will definitely continue to use.

$20.00
I'm not a big fan of perfume at all, and honestly I die a little inside each time I open a subscription box and there is a perfume sample in there. This perfume though is actually not too bad, it smells very fruity, which is where I tend to lean towards if and when I wear perfume. Compared to the RealTree Perfrume they sent me in last months box(smelled like my grandma) I would choose this one over it any day. It smells of citrus-tropical fruits,I like it.

Okay so I did not end up liking this product at all. First impressions was the pencil seemed cheap, the pencil itself felt loose in the plastic tube and the plastic felt really thin and fragile. I used this instead of my ABH brow wiz and after about half an hour I noticed myself scratching at my eyebrows because they were so itchy. Unfortunately I did not try re-using after this because it was pretty irritating on my brows. I personally would pass on this one, but I have heard other reviewers rave about it. I think this is something you have to try out for yourself.

Check back for next months box!




No comments:

Post a Comment